How Pinterest Drives Online Commerce
We partnered with Pinterest to gather data about use of their platform, as it relates to commerce. The result, Pinterest can be a powerful driver of traffic and big-ticket sales.
Here are some key takeaways:
- The average order value of sales coming from Pinterest is $50 – higher than any other major social platform.
- A major driver of online traffic: Pinterest is the #2 overall source of all social media traffic to Shopify stores.
- 2M people pin product pins per day. That’s 20x more than there are daily shoppers at the Mall of America.
- 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan purchases.
- Orders from Pinterest on mobile devices has increased by 140% in the last two years, and orders from non-US countries has increased 130% from 2013 to 2014.
Check out all of our findings in the infographic below.