As usual, we wrote a lot of articles in 2016. Whether you're a new reader or you've been with us for a while, chances are, you've probably missed a few articles along the way. To make sure you get a chance to read all the best stuff, we created this list of 2016's most popular articles.
Top 10 Articles in 2016
Below, you'll find a list of handy time management apps, tips for driving more sales with Facebook and Pinterest, step-by-step advice on importing or dropshipping products from China, and much much more. Everything you need to start or grow a business in 2017.
Time is a limited resource and it’s constantly running on empty. When it comes down to it, you don’t need more time, you just need to use the time that you have more effectively. Thankfully, opportunities to manage your time better are everywhere.
- Learn how procrastination and distractions waste time and keep you from getting things done.
- Find out how to start using your time more effectively and stay on track.
- Discover nine time managements apps you can use to organize your life.
Meet Jonah, a 17 year old competitive swimmer from Denver, Colorado. In this interview, Jonah explains how he went from knowing nothing about ecommerce, to making more than $13,500/month in revenue in his first year of business.
- Learn about the ecommerce communities Jonah is a member of.
- Find out how Jonah is using Facebook ads to generate sales.
- Discover which apps Jonah uses in his Shopify store.
While having access to a massive variety of advertising options can be a marketer's dream come true, it can also make getting started a daunting task. If you're feeling overwhelmed, check out the following six types of Facebook ads and how you can apply them to your own business.
- Learn how to create six different Facebook ads for your store.
- Find out which types of ads work best for which audiences.
- Discover how to improve your ad performance over time.
Pinterest is become the number one traffic source for Pretty Presets, accounting for 10% of sales. In this customer spotlight, we chat with founder Laura Thomas about how she uses Pinterest to drive traffic—and revenue—for Pretty Presets.
- Learn what Laura's Pinterest strategy looks like.
- Find out how she uses Pinterest to drive traffic and sales.
- Discover Pinterest hacks to improve your Pinterest performance.
With everything that’s on your plate as a business owner, it’s important to have someone on your team who is reliable and ready to get things done. Kit has helped thousands of Shopify merchants market their online store, and in some cases, lead their marketing efforts entirely.
- Learn about Kit, a virtual marketing employee.
- Find out how Kit can run Facebook and Instagram ads for your business.
- Discover which Shopify apps Kit integrates with to help you grow your business.
If you’ve been waiting for the right time to start selling on WordPress, the wait is over. Now, it’s easier than ever to add WordPress ecommerce to your website, and get all the features and security that comes with Shopify.
- Learn about Shopify's Wordpress integration.
- Find out how to start monetizing your WordPress website with Shopify.
- Discover WordPress themes that have a Shopify integration built-in already.
By the year 2020, Millennials will spend a whopping $1.4 trillion annually—or 30% of all retail sales in the United States alone. This means that business owners need to start thinking like Millennials now or they’re going to risk getting left behind fast.
- Learn about the trends that are shaping Millennial buying behavior.
- Find out how to apply these trends to your marketing campaigns.
- Discover what other businesses are already doing to attract Millennials.
Advertising and remarketing on Facebook used to be a lot more complex with multiple pixels required to take adavantage of all their features. At the end of 2015, Facebook took a huge step towards to simplifying this process by introducing the new Facebook Pixel. One pixel to replace all of them.
- Learn about the new Facebook pixel and what it can do it for your business.
- Find out how to add the pixel to your website.
- Discover ad campaigns that take advantage of the new pixel.
AliExpress makes it easy to find products to sell on your store, without having to worry about inventory or shipping. You can pay for products at wholesale prices and have them dropshipped directly to your customers.
- Learn about AliExpress dropshipping businesses.
- Find out how to vet sellers on AliExpress before you buy.
- Discover how to add AliExpress products to your Shopify store.
We know a lot of people have questions about finding manufacturers, sourcing products, and buying from manufacturers overseas, so we decided to sell products sourced from China using Alibaba for our Syght Glasses case study.
- Learn about how to finding a product to sell.
- Find out how to build a brand around a product from China.
- Discover how to start generating sales for your new product.
Bonus: Blogger's Choice
The top 10 was based on traffic, but with so many great articles posted this year, it felt wrong to just stop there. To help round out this year’s best-of, I asked each of our full-time bloggers to contribute a few words about the article they had the most fun writing in 2016.
“If anything’s possible on Shopify, Leanne Mai-ly Hilgart is the proof. She’s a former model with a teacher’s degree and no experience in textiles, design, or business. Yet, seven years ago, she designed a line of vegan coats, building it into a global brand. The heart of her story is not in the happy ending, but in the relentless pursuit of her cause. Her struggle is so relatable. I loved sharing her story and hope it inspires others to act on their dreams.”
Braveen's Pick: How Conversational Commerce Is Forever Changing the Way We Shop
“Conversational commerce is an interesting shift in the world of technology, and so I had a lot of fun exploring it—from chatbots and AI to the all-in-one WeChat messaging app. Different companies have different visions for conversational commerce, but they all agree that messaging apps are only going to become more powerful and useful over time.”
“You don't have to quit your job to become an entrepreneur (👋 hello fellow entrepreneurs who love their jobs!), but it is the ultimate goal for many people. If you're ready to take the leap into full-time entrepreneurship, I hope this article will help you prepare so the transition a little less scary."
“Bryan is a local dude who has made massive waves in the streetwear community with his brand The Legends League. I loved writing this piece—hearing the origin story of The Legends League was inspiring and hanging with Bryan for a few hours was a great experience.”
Over to You
Use the comment section below to share links to your favorite blog posts and let us know what we should write about in 2017. Thanks for reading, and have a great year!